Discover Your Dream Home
Winchester, Virginia Including Frederick, Shenandoah, Loudoun, Clarke County, Northern Virginia Real Estate Including West Virginia
FHFA: Q4 Home Prices Edge Up 1.5 Percent
Home prices edged up 1.5 percent in the fourth quarter of 2016, totaling 6.2 percent from the fourth quarter of 2015, according to the Federal Housing Finance Agency's (FHFA) recently released House Price Index (HPI). The HPI - based on prices for homes with Fannie Mae- and Freddie Mac-backed mortgages - came in 0.4 percent higher month-over-month in December.
Per the Index, home prices increased in the majority of states, as well as the District of Columbia, from the fourth quarter of 2015 to the fourth quarter of 2016. The upward trend was propelled by activity in Oregon (11.0 percent increase), Colorado (10.6 percent), Florida (10.4 percent), Washington (10.2 percent) and Nevada (8.9 percent), with the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Fla., metropolitan area showing the most growth: 13.2 percent. At the other end of the spectrum, Wilmington, Del.-Md.-N.J., showed the least growth: -1.8 percent.
"Although interest rates rose sharply during the fourth quarter, our data show no signs of a home price slowdown," said Andrew Leventis, FHFA deputy chief economist, in a statement. "Although it will certainly take more time for the full effects of elevated interest rates to be felt, there is no evidence of a normalization in the unusually low inventories of homes available for sale, which has been the primary force behind the extraordinary price gains."
According to the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR), the housing supply shortage continued in January, down 7.1 percent from January 2016.
- Beth Paisley Realtor - Winchester VA Real Estate & Homes for Sale in Frederick county VA
- Senior Housing in Winchester Winchester VA and surrounding areas
- Farms for Sale in Virginia and WV
- Townhouses for Sale in Winchester VA
- Homes for Sale with Fireplaces
- Buying A Home
- Selling A Home
- Local #Winchester #VA Events And Things To Do In Winchester
- Local Schools
- Community Information For The Winchester and Frederick County VA Area
- Compare Areas in Winchester Virginia
- Sex Offender Registry
- Homes with Swimming Pools
- New Homes for Sale in Winchester VA
- Homes for Sale with Land
- Homes for Sale Stephens City VA 22655
- Homes for Sale Winchester VA 22602
- Homes for Sale, Frederick County VA
Why don't you call or text me @ 540-327-2813 so that we can talk about your next real estate transaction? I’m available right now!
Finding the Right Winchester Neighborhood
The Home Buying Process
How To Plan And Enhance Your Home's Space
- Homes for Sale in Winchester VA
- Frederick county Winchester, VA Homes For Sale
- Homes for Sale in Berryville VA
- Homes for Sale in Boyce VA
- Homes for Sale in Brucetown VA
- Homes for Sale in Bunker Hill WV
- Homes for Sale in Clear Brook VA
- Homes for Sale in Cross Junction VA
- Homes for Sale in Gerrardstown WV
- Homes for Sale in Glengary WV
- Homes for Sale in Gore VA
- Homes for Sale in Inwood WV
Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Listing data provided by Metropolitan Regional Information Systems, Inc.